Position: Machinist 2nd Shift (Union Pay and Benefits)
Hours: 3:30pm-12:00pm Monday – Friday OT as needed
Education: High School Diploma / GED required
Requirements: 3-5 years’ experience working with machining equipment required, must be able to read blue prints and use standard metrology equipment including mics, calipers, gages etc.
Benefits: Union benefits including medical, dental, paid vacation etc.
Summary: Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts. Work to tolerances as specified in blue print, drawing, model or other design specification document or file. Methods to achieve final machined part may specify speed, feed, cuts, tooling, and procedure to follow. Perform similar or incidental work of comparable or lower level as required. Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Set up and operate manual and CNC milling machines, drills, lathes, grinders and various other shop equipment
- Assure all machined parts in-house and incoming are at the highest level of quality and accuracy.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
- Monitor quality and workmanship.
- Verify accuracy on prints, verify any revisions on prints.
- Tool inventory/management
- Department organization and machine maintenance.
- Inform supervisor/ Engineer of any questions or problems regarding product/ department error.
- Participate in minimizing scrap levels.
- Suggest possible improvements to provide a higher quality product.
- Support process improvements, communicate thoughts of improvement.
- Look for any bottlenecks, suggest possible improvements.
- Be involved in all process Improvements.
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ experience with CNC and manual milling machines, drills, lathes, grinders and various related items.
- Ability to read blue prints is required
- Ability to read measuring devices including mics, calipers, various gages etc. is required
- Must be able to perform basic troubleshooting
- Good communication / people skills.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
- High school diploma or GED required
- Participate in producing in high levels of quality at precise tolerances.
- Mechanical aptitude required